Delicious, spicy vegan kale and quinoa bowl with black beans recipe is a quick one skillet dinner, easy to make in 30 minutes or less
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1-2 cups kale chopped
- 2-3 cup spinach chopped
- 1 15 oz. can black beans (or 1 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 2-4 tbsp chipolte in adobo sauce chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 can pineapple tidbits
- 1 avocado diced
- 3 tbsp red onion diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- CHOP kale, spinach, red onions, chipolte in adobo sauce and cilantro.
- HEAT skillet. Combine 1 tbsp grape seed oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper with the kale. Toss to coat. When skillet is hot, cook kale for 30-45 seconds, until it starts to wilt and turns a bright green. Remove from pan.
- COMBINE 1 tbsp grapeseed oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper with the spinach. Cook spinach for 15-30 seconds, until it starts to wilt and turns a bright green. Remove from pan and combine with kale.
- MIX all the spices with the black beans.
- ADD water to the skillet and bring to a boil. After the water begins to boil, add the quinoa, black beans, corn, chipolte and lime juice.
- COVER pan and reduce heat. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until quinoa is cooked and liquid is gone.
- FLUFF the quinoa mixture with a fork.
- SERVE warm and garnished with pineapple tidbits, avocado, red onion and pine nuts.