The best soft and chewy peanut butter cookie recipe from scratch. Perfect peanut butter taste, but lower in fat with peanut butter powder. Make a quick easy batch of peanut butter cookies. They freeze well and thaw quickly.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter powder
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup peanuts (crushed (optional))
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees.
- MEASURE out all the ingredients before starting.
- SIFT flour with mesh colander two or three times before measuring out the flour.
- POUR dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt) into a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- CREAM butter with a hand mixer. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar to butter and mix on low speed until sugars are incorporated and mixture is light and fluffy.
- BLEND egg, egg yolk and vanilla to butter mixture, continuing to mix on low speed.
- MIX peanut butter powder and continue to blendon low speed until powder is fully mixed in.
- POUR the dry ingredient mixture into the wet mixture and mix until all ingredients come together. Do not over mix.
- MIX in the crushed peanuts with a wooden spoon (optional).
- ROLL dough into 24 one-inch ball. Dough is ready when it can be rolled without sticking to your hand. If mixture is too sticky, add additional flour, one tablespoon at a time.
- ROLL in granulated sugar.
- PLACE dough balls on silicone baking sheet. Use a fork to make a crisscross pattern on the cookie.
- BAKE in oven at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Do not over bake. When finished, remove from oven.
- COOL on baking sheet on cooling rack for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, transfer the cookies from the baking sheet to the cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- STORE in an airtight container. If storing them for longer than a few days, wrap cookies several times in plastic wrap, place in an airtight container and place in the freezer.
- YIELD: 24 cookies.